La Pastorale du Regagnas
- Find out about the Rove goat: its origin, appearance and life cycle (reproduction, growth, etc.)
- Behaviour and lifestyle (character, living in a herd, diet, etc.)
- Milking goats and the transformation of milk into cheese
- History of the Rove goat and 'brousse du Rove' cheese. The role of dogs in herding. The goat farming profession in Provence.
All year round: marked trails for a self-guided tour of the farm and farm animals (goats, donkeys, horses, chickens, ducks, geese, etc.).
Bookings are compulsory for group guided tours. From February: feeding the newborns from a bottle at 5pm.
Visitors welcome: holiday camps, high schools, disabled people, the elderly.
Visit of the Pastoral of Regagnas and cheese making
- Welcome and description of the place - Visitors can attend and participate in the milking - Tasting of the milk and explanation of the difference between raw milk, whole milk, pasteurized, etc... - Detailed explanation (with the goats) of the way I raise my goats (pastoralism, care, kidding, care of the kids, respect of the animal welfare, etc...) - Description of the goat: why this breed, what is special about it, what is its place among its species, etc... - Cheese making (depending on the number of people, it is possible to participate in the cheese making process in the cheese factory) - Making of a faisselle by the participants and tasting of it - Tasting of the different cheese maturing processes
Chèvres de la Pastorale du Regagnas
Plan your itinerary
La Pastorale du RegagnasHameau de Kirbon 5553 Route de Saint Zacharie, 13530 Trets My itinerary